Tuesday 13 December 2011

#38 Radio Trailer Inspiration

The other trailers that I looked at inspired me a lot in terms of the way my trailer sounds. I really liked the idea of using heavy breathing, as it connotes panic and fear very strongly to the audience, instantly suggesting that the main characters are in danger. The use of a deep male voice was also very inspiring to me as it creates a sense of horror, through the way that the voice is not soft and friendly, it is harsh and unwelcoming to the audience. Additionally I was inspired to use tension building music as it would keep my audience engaged to the trailer, and want to go and see the film in the cinema. The calm music also creates an idea of mixed levels of fear throughout, which would engage any fan of the thriller genre.

I feel that due to my research into radio trailers, the conventions that I looked at inspired me to create a radio trailer that I believe to be very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment