Wednesday 28 September 2011

#12 Representation in 'About A Girl'

After completing both essays, we were asked to watch a short film on YouTube called 'About a Girl', the story is about a young teen girl, who has had a baby and not told her mum about it, although we don't learn this until the end, when it is too late as the baby has died. The film tells the story of the girl's struggle, not only with the issue of the baby but with her struggle with identit, represented through class and age in the short film.

This task benefited me because it allowed me to understand how particular groups are represented in short films, and how I could represent my characters correctly. Below are my notes on the representation within the short film and also an extract from the film.

Clip from About A Girl:


Notes on Representation:

No comments:

Post a Comment