Thursday 22 September 2011

#7 Media Genre Essay 'The Insane'

From benefiting greatly from looking at use of media language in the Smashed essay. I then was asked to look more at the importance of these signifiers (signs, codes and conventions) on the genre of the film. The genre is largely determined by these signifiers, so I feel it was important for me to investigate these as my film would need to include genre specific signifiers.

I was given the essay title 'Discuss the short film 'The Insane' in relation to the key concepts of Media Language and Genre'. I learned many key signifiers of the shown genre. This essay allowed me to think more about what genre of film I would like to make, which is horror. Below is my essay, which I achieved a high C grade for, I have also embedded the short film 'The Insane' and my notes used to write this essay.

Notes:

Essay:

The Insane Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment