Saturday 10 September 2011

#1 Welcome to my A2 Coursework Blog

Last year, I achieved a C grade for AS Media. Although I am pleased with this grade, I plan on redoing my AS coursework, using better photography, and a different design for my main campaign website. I also plan to retake the exam and work even harder than originally. I hope to get an A grade overall at the end of A2, and feel that with hard work this is possible to achieve.

Today we received our brief for our A2 coursework project. We have been asked to create a short film, lasting around five minutes, in the genre of our choice, working in groups or individually. I have decided to work on my own, as I feel that I could perform better without the distraction of other group members. We have been told that along with the short film, we will need to hand in a trailer, a poster and a sample scene, all of which will be marked and go towards our overall grade. I feel that this coursework project will be interesting to do, and is very creative, and will help us learn different skills, to the skills we learnt when creating campaign websites for AS.

Before I create my film, I will need to do a lot of research and planning, this will then allow me to select a genre, create a story line and follow the general conventions. As I am working alone, and therefore cannot discuss ideas with team members I plan to watch several different short films, and pick the genre that I feel will be the best for the idea I plan to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment