Saturday 1 October 2011

#15 Pre Photo-shoot Planning

To avoid my photo-shoot being a complete disaster, it was important for me to conduct some pre-photoshoot planning. This would include planning what props/costumes/settings and equipment I need to use to shoot my film, and for my photoshoot.

I am using three main props, a knife, a red cloak, and a red book. The red cloak I purchased from a supermarket, during Halloween. I will use a real knife, from a kitchen, as the scene involving the knife is set in a kitchen so this will add to the overall feel of my film. I will also use a red book, which is intended to be the 'Red Riding Hood' story book. Below are some images taken from Google, to demonstrate what my props will look like.

Cloak:

Kitchen Knife:

Red Book:

For costumes my actress' will wear normal casual clothes, as they are representing average teenage girls in the story. One actress' will wear the red cloak during half of the film, after the cloak has been found in the woods.

For setting I am going to use a large woodland area near one of my actress' house in Orpington, Kent. The woodland area is large so there will be plenty of different areas to film in, and there would be relatively few people that would be passing by whilst filming is happening. I will also use my actress' house to film the 'at home' scenes for my film. Below is a photo of a woodland area similar to the one that I will be using.

Woodland Area:

For equipment I am using a Panasonic HD Video Camera which I have been loaned from my school Media Department, I am also using a tripod, to allow my camerawork to be as steady as possible. I am only using these two pieces of equipment as I would like my film to look very natural.

Creating this plan of what to use before my shoot has helped me a lot as I now know exactly what needs to be done on the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment